So it’s too late to buy a pass, but you still want to attend this kickass film fest. Here are your options:
The bad news: You’ll have to buy an individual ticket for each movie you’d like to see. If you’d planned ahead (or perhaps, knew what True/False even was before reading this awesome special section), a pass would get you into lots and lots of shows, but for now, this is where it stands.
The good news: You can still get into almost any show you’d like to see!
Box Office Hours (Located at 1020 E. Broadway)
Thursday, March 3: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday, March 4: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 5: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday, March 6: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$10 at the box office or $12 at the door, using the Q system (which we’ll explain in a minute). If you bring along your student ID, though, it’s only $7 at the box office and either $7 or $12 at the door, depending on the venue. The MSA/GPC Box Office is selling $4 tickets to the following shows: "Fear of 13," "Sonita," "Tickled" and "Weiner."
The Q system
So when tickets sell out or become fully reserved for a showing, it’s labeled NRT (no reserve tickets). The Q system is True/False’s way of letting people attend showings that are NRT.
Here’s how it works
1 ) Decide on a movie you’d like to attend and check the box office to see if it’s NRT.
2) If it is, head over to the venue 60 minutes before the show and look for a Q Queen. If it’s a popular film, try to show up even earlier, even though tickets won’t be given out yet.
3) If you are confused about who the Queen is, just look for the most over-the-top outfit there.
4) Grab a Q number from the Queen.
5) Chill and do whatever you want until 15 minutes before the show, then head back to the venue.
6) Get in line according to your number, then wait to see how many open seats there are.
7) The first person in line will get the first available ticket, and so on.
8) Make sure you get back on time, and make sure you have cash for your ticket if you get in! No one pays for a Q number, only after admission.
9) Enjoy your movie!
All information courtesy of True/False.