We all love Starbucks. We also love being able to make amazing drinks in the comfort of our home. During the winter months, I love to experiment with different ingredients to come up with new and exciting drinks to keep me warm. Here are my favorite four.
Vanilla spice eggnog with whipped cream and a cinnamon drizzle This is a hot OR cold beverage (but we recommend hot — it’s November, yo).
What you need: 1 ½ cup, vanilla spice eggnog Whipped cream (optional, but highly recommended) 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 Crème de Pirouline Dark Chocolate Artisan Rolled Wafers
- Shake eggnog before pouring it into your cup.
- Add ½ tsp of ground cinnamon to the eggnog and stir.
- Add whipped cream to your liking.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on the whipped cream.
- Add wafer garnish.
Steamed milk with peppermint
What you need: 1 ½ cup milk (I used 2 percent reduced-fat milk, but the choice is yours) 6 crushed peppermint circles Whipped cream, to taste
- Steam the milk.
- Once the milk is warm, add in 3 crushed peppermints.
- After the peppermints are melted, pour the mixture into a mug.
- Top with whipped cream and add more of the crushed peppermint to the top.
Caramel Macchiato What you need: 1 pack Supreme Caramel Macchiato ½ cup of hot water (use milk for a heartier drink) ground cinnamon, optional chocolate chips, optional (omit only if you hate fun) Whipped cream
- Empty mix into a mug.
- Add hot water, or hot milk, to the mix and stir.
- For an awesome cappuccino, top with chocolate chips or cinnamon.
- Use whipped cream sparingly so that you don’t overpower the great, rich taste of the caramel.
Classic Hot Cocoa
What you need: 1 pack Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa 1 cup hot milk (I used 2 percent reduced-fat, but the choice is yours.) Toppings of your choice 1 Crème de Pirouline Dark Chocolate Artisan Rolled Wafers
- Empty packet contents into a mug.
- Add 1 cup of hot milk, and stir.
- Top with whipped and toppings.
- Add a wafer garnish.