The Do’s and Don’ts of Roots N Blues N BBQ

From security to transportation, there are many ways to ensure your utmost safety throughout the Roots N Blues N BBQ festival.

Even though you won’t endure any mosh pits or see crowd surfing at the Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival, it is important to keep safety in mind throughout the weekend.

There is a security team at every area of the festival, especially by the main stages. They are assisted by a team of security volunteers that help handle any and all problems or hazardous situations throughout the weekend.

There are many options to get to and from the festival safely. The festival highly suggests biking or walking to be environmentally friendly; however, there are other options such as Uber, Lyft, taxis and GoCOMO available. There will also be parking available for anyone who drives there themselves.

Staying hydrated will be especially important as you’re jumping from stage to stage to listen to new artists. There are specific water stations set up throughout the festival grounds, so be sure to fill up your water bottle as you walk past.

The weather can be unpredictable so be as prepared as possible to ensure a fun day. The festival suggests bringing a reusable water bottle, raincoat or hoodie, chairs, blankets, sunscreen and bug spray.

Things you can’t bring to the festival: Outside food & beverages including water, soda, coffee and alcoholic beverages Coolers and glass containers Noise makers, laser pointers, drones or any other remote flying device Pets, except for service animals Any and all professional audio or video recording equipment Skateboards, scooters (including bird scooters), bicycles, wagons, carts or any other personal motorized vehicles Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind Umbrellas Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors and unauthorized solicitation materials

For more information on the festival, look out for future (Maneater)[https://www.themaneater.com/] content on the bands, food vendors and other aspects of Roots N Blues.

Edited by Alexandra Sharp | asharp@themaneater.com