Five fun things to do at MU before winter break

Events include movies, concerts and ballet performances.

There are many winter- and holiday- themed things to do on campus. Check out these five events to celebrate the 2017 holiday season:

Mizzou After Dark: Winter Extravaganza Dec. 1 from 7-10 p.m. MU Student Center

Mizzou After Dark, part of the Division of Student Affairs, has hosted events throughout the semester for students. This winter event will include food and the chance to make holiday crafts. Admission is free with a valid student ID.

Check out more information here.

Hitt Street Harmony: “Sounds of Home” Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. Whitmore Recital Hall

Mizzou’s auditioned vocal jazz ensemble, Hitt Street Harmony, will host a holiday concert titled “Sounds of Home” in Whitmore Recital Hall, located in the Fine Arts Building. Admission to the event is free.

Check out more information here.

The Great Russian Nutcracker Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. Jesse Auditorium

This holiday classic is put on by the Moscow Ballet and features an array of dancing, set changes and costumes. Tickets range from $28-$48 and are available online or at the MSA/GPC Box Office.

MU Holiday Open House Dec. 5 from 3-5 p.m. Residence on Francis Quadrangle

MU Chancellor Alexander Cartwright and Provost Garnett Stokes will socialize with members of the MU community in a seasonal open house.

Reading Day Film: Kingsman: The Golden Circle Dec. 8 Jesse Wrench Auditorium, Memorial Union South

If you need a break from studying for finals, check out this Kingsman spy adventure, sponsored by the Department of Student Activities. There will be three showings: 3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Admission is $1 for students with a student ID.

Edited by Claire Colby | ccolby@themaneater.com