MOVE playlists: Summer tunes for every mood

One of our hip writers curated fifteen songs for you and summer ‘17.

By Kaelyn Sturgell | July 11, 2017

Tags: playlist Summer

Most years are defined by their songs of the summer, and lucky for us, 2017 won’t be any different. Musicians from every genre have been continuously blessing our ears and releasing hit after hit. To help you navigate the seas of new releases, MOVE has compiled 15 of our favorites. These songs are sassy and bold but also sad and reflective. Here’s our eclectic mix for every mood and vibe you may feel this summer.

HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar

You gotta start with a bang. Remember the grueling semester you just survived but shrug it off, sit-down and be humble. Enjoy the present for what it is.

Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller) by DJ Khaled

This track is the sexy jam of the summer and it’s not subtle about it.

Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj) by Katy Perry

This song is an epic diss track. If someone pisses you off, just blast this with your friends and feel good about yourself.

Feels (feat. Pharrell WIlliams, Katy Perry & Big Sean) by Calvin Harris

It’s summer. “Don’t be afraid to catch feels.” Enough said.

Signs by Drake

Once you catch the feels, it’s not always simple. Sometimes you get so invested in a person and a relationship that it’s hard to say no.

I Don’t Wanna Dance by COIN

While upbeat songs and dancing are fun, sometimes you just don’t want to dance. Whether you’re embarrassed, nervous, awkward or just not feeling it, COIN understands.

13 by LANY

This song is from of LANY’s debut self-titled album. While every song on it is an absolute bop, this one is raw and real. Not every summer fling is meant to last.

20 Something by SZA

While you’re down, you might start questioning your whole life and every decision you’ve made. SZA is a new artist, but she has the wisdom of a veteran. Your twenties are a time to be alive and you can’t let others get you down.

Hard Times by Paramore

Life is hard. We get knocked down, we wonder why we try in the first place, but that’s not the end of the story. Once you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up.

Redbone by Childish Gambino

To get out of a funk, crank this tune and go for a long drive. Stick your hand out of the car window and just breathe the air.

Perfect Places by Lorde

On your drive, keep an eye out for those perfect places.

Malibu by Miley Cyrus

Cyrus is back with some serious character development. Chill out and think about love, whether that’s for someone else or yourself, and about growth.

Bad Liar by Selena Gomez

While you might say you don’t want to go get Andy’s for the third night in a row, we know you’re lying. Go for it.

Dive by Coast Modern

Jump into anything and everything this summer. Paradise is where you are and who you’re with, so immerse yourself.

Hope for Something by Panama

In the end, summer is what you make of it. If you want it to be great, you have to work for it!