Kristin Chenoweth is one of the many performers coming to perform in Columbia this month.

Photo by Lucas Street, Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

MOVE’s guide to April concerts in Columbia

From Mizzou Arena to Rose Music Hall, Columbia has the perfect place for every music-lover to catch a live show.

By Gracie Sands | April 3, 2017

Tags: Concerts Music

Local Natives — The Blue Note

When: April 4, 8 p.m.

Local Natives is no stranger to Columbia or The Blue Note. The band previously performed at the venue back in 2014 and is returning on April 4. The group formed in Los Angeles back in 2005 and has released three full-length albums since. Having a sound described as "afropop-influenced guitars with hyperactive drumming and hooky three-part harmonies," the band is undeniably unique and has a relaxed sound that is very refreshing to find in the music industry.

Tennis, The Greeting Committee — Rose Music Hall

When: April 8, 8:30 p.m.

Sponsored by KCOU, you will not want to miss the show featuring Tennis of Denver and The Greeting Committee of Kansas City. The concert at Rose Music Hall will be indie-pop-oriented, with both bands having an upbeat, pop sound that should make for an entertaining show full of energy. Touring off of its latest release, Yours Conditionally, Tennis will be playing brand new material while sticking to its same old-school, lo-fi sound.

Kristin Chenoweth — Missouri Theatre

When: April 27, 7 p.m.

If you are a musical theater lover, this concert is a dream come true. Kristin Chenoweth is a Tony-Award-winning actress who has been seen in everything from film to television to Broadway. You might know her as Glinda the Good Witch in Wicked, or for her role in Glee, but above all, you know her for her voice. Chenoweth will be bringing her talents to the Missouri Theatre to perform the most unforgettable songs from Wicked and beloved songs from the Great American Songbook.

Chris Stapleton — Mizzou Arena

When: April 27, 7 p.m.

All of the country lovers out there, this one’s for you. Chris Stapleton is an artist who rose to fame almost instantly after the release of his 2015 album, Traveler. Between the sweet lyrics and raw rock vocals featured on the album, almost every music lover can find something in the album to connect with. Based in Nashville, Stapleton sings about “Tennessee Whiskey” and the back country roads while incorporating his blues and southern rock influences throughout the tracks as well. Stapleton will be playing one of the largest venues Columbia has to offer, and his huge sound is sure to fill the entire room.