Beatles tribute band RAIN.

Courtesy of www.twin-loc.fr Flickr

Beatles tribute band RAIN to perform in Columbia Tuesday

This blast to the past performance will perform dozens of the Beatles’ best hits.

By Caroline Watkins | March 13, 2017

Tags: Concerts Music

What’s the next-best thing to seeing the Beatles live in concert? Seeing a Beatles cover band, of course!

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Laguna Beach-based band RAIN will be performing at Jesse Auditorium at 7 p.m. this Tuesday for a vibrant and energetic concert celebrating Britain’s most memorable mop-tops.

Chances are, if you are a fan of classic rock, the Beatles hold a special place in your heart. Whether you remember singing to tracks from Abbey Road and Yellow Submarine in the back of your dad’s 1998 Volvo V70 or nostalgically humming to “Let it Be” at 2 a.m. in a college dorm room jam sesh, you can never get sick of the original British boy band.

RAIN is expected to attract a diverse crowd, considering the Beatles’ fan base spans several generations. With two hours of live performance, and approximately 30 songs on the band’s setlist, RAIN will cover many of the Beatles’ most famous hits in full Sgt. Pepper swag.

The longest-running Beatles tribute act will perform the Beatles’ tracks from the band’s beginning years to the final album to showcase how the famous rock band transformed over the years.

In addition to the musicians themselves, there will also be backdrops, old video footage and even vintage television commercials to thoroughly immerse the audience into the psychedelic rock age.

According to James Hebert of The San Diego Union-Tribune, “It’s always been hard to know what to call ‘RAIN,’ which admittedly is a sanitized and idealized evocation of the Beatles,” Herbert said. “Is it a concert with extra bells and whistles? Is it actual theater? Whatever the label, for pure musical pleasure you can call this latest incarnation a winner.”

Let it Be said that this performance is not one to be missed.

Edited by Katherine White | kwhite@themaneater.com