Know Before You Go: Ray Wild and Dumpster Kitty to perform at Rose Music Hall

The local rock bands are set to perform Friday.

By Cassie Allen | March 1, 2017

Tags: Concerts Music

Get wild with Ray Wild and Dumpster Kitty this week at Rose Music Hall.

The lowdown

Ray Wild and Dumpster Kitty are bringing local rock music to Rose Music Hall on Friday. Tickets are only $5, and the show is set to start at 9:30 p.m.

The artists

Ray Wild is a six-member vintage rock band based in Columbia. The group frequents Rose Music Hall and played in the Summer Camp Music Festival in late January. Its most recent music came out in May 2016.

Dumpster Kitty is a self-proclaimed swamp-disco band out of Columbia. The four members also played at the Summer Camp Music Festival in January and frequent Club Impulse & Rehab Room.

Noteworthy tunes

“Love Me Dearly” by Ray Wild

This songs starts off slow but eventually picks up, and the vocals are a dynamic combination of quiet and loud, leaving you wanting more.

“Clockwise” by Ray Wild

This funky song from the 2015 album Good Fortune is a fun way to get to know Ray Wild’s style. The song has strong vocals, and the drummer is great.

“Eldumpsterino” by Dumpster Kitty

“Eldumpsterino,” found on Dumpster Kitty’s Facebook page, is a mix of Latin influence and jazz. The trombone is also a really cool addition to this song, making the last minute and a half even better.

If you like these, try:

“Babe I’m Gonna Leave You” by Led Zeppelin

Almost 50 years after this song came out, it’s still popular among rock fans. Ray Wild was inspired by Led Zeppelin, and this song definitely gave way to the work the band is producing now.

“Rocky Mountain Way” by Joe Walsh

This song incorporates some of the bluesy vibes you get from “Eldumpsterino.” There’s no better way to get ready for a modern recreation of ’70s rock than to listen to classic ’70s rock.