Tori Aerni/Staff Photographer

The ultimate guide to your gameday

There's a destination for all of your gameday needs.

By Lyndsay Hughely | Aug. 31, 2016

Are you ready for Mizzou football to be back in action? Here are some hot spots that are bound to make any game day in Columbia outstanding:

Harpo’s Bar & Grill

29 S. 10th St, Columbia, MO 65201

If you're coming into town the night before game day and looking to have a good time, visiting Harpo's is a must. Harpo's is not only a classic pub-style restaurant, it's also adjacent to the 10 Below nightclub, which features a live DJ, bottle service and an insane dance floor. The Skyy Bar, which is a rooftop bar that overlooks the University, is also a part of Harpo's. There’s also another section of the building called the Atrium Bar where football games are displayed on giant screens. If you don’t have your tickets, the vibe at Harpo’s on game day is almost as fun as actually being in attendance at Faurot Field.

MC Sports

2300 Bernadette Dr, Columbia, MO 65203

Every single Mizzou fan should be decked out in black and gold attire from head to toe while rooting for the Tigers. The short ten-minute commute from Faurot Field to MC Sports makes this sportswear store the perfect spot to grab some last-minute gameday essentials from. Whether you’re looking for an M-I-Z tank to beat the heat in or a Z-O-U sweatshirt to shield yourself from the cold, MC Sports will have you covered.

Gotcha

819 E Walnut St, Columbia, MO 65201

If the typical black and gold Mizzou shirt doesn’t convey your school spirit enough, head over to Gotcha and check out their wide selection of costumes. Grab some tiger ears, tails or even a full-on tiger suit (if you’re that enthusiastic) to show off your tiger pride in style. Gotcha lets customers rent costumes as well as purchase them, so you could be twinning with Truman the Tiger for one game, or all season long.

Stadium Grill

1219 Fellows Pl, Columbia, MO 65201

Looking for a pre-game bite to eat? If you don’t plan on tailgating, Stadium Grill’s diverse, extensive menu selection features appetizers such as buffalo chicken dip and Chicago-style nachos, both of which are examples of fantastic pre-game snacks. Its interior decorations create sporty vibes that are sure to get everyone pumped for a Mizzou win. Even if you don’t have tickets to the big game or simply want more of a low-key atmosphere, Stadium Grill is the best place to unwind and enjoy some football.

Hy-Vee

25 Conley Rd, Columbia, MO 65201

All football fans know that tailgating is a major key to having a successful game day. Hy-Vee is the best location for picking up all the tailgating necessities to chow down prior to game time. They have hundreds of deals weekly, so there’s a strong chance you could get a pack of hot dogs for less than a dollar and some inexpensive buns to go with it. Be sure to check out Hy-Vee’s weekly deals so that you can get your tailgating cuisine for a bargain, or look at manufacturer's coupons to get money off of all your essentials.

Mizzou football’s home opener is Sep. 10 against Eastern Michigan, so get ready to throw on your Tiger gear and sing the Alma Mater— football season is about to be in full swing.

Edited by Katie Rosso | krosso@themaneater.com