MOVE in print: Rocky Horror, date night and fall colors

Take a look at Downtown Watch, MOVE recommendations and the recipe of the week.

By Katie Rosso | Oct. 19, 2016

Downtown watch

Meet an author

If you’re looking for a fun morning that features books, free coffee and Harold’s Doughnuts, Kenneth Winn will be coming to Boone County Historical Society on Oct. 22 at 10:30 a.m. Winn will discuss his book Missouri Law and the American Conscience, a book that has ten essays about Missouri’s history. This event is on the third Saturday of every month so if you can’t go this month, there’s always next.

Homecoming tunes:

The Social Room is hosting a Homecoming takeover with Davon Sparkling, DNA, Ebony Tusks and Maz Blanko on Oct. 21. The concert will be $5 for regular cover and $7 for minors. The doors open at 8 p.m., and the show starts at 9 p.m. The party will be about MU pride and will feature $3 Fireball shots and $3 Logboat cans.

MOVE recommends:

Cooking date night

If you are looking for a new date night, a Back 2 Basics cooking class with your significant other would be the perfect choice. The menu for the date night includes a Philly cheesesteak, a loaded french fry bar and homemade Butterfinger bars. Plus, you’ll get to eat good food without having to do dishes. For those over 21, you also get your choice of one glass of wine or some sparkling juice you can pretend is wine.

Rocky Horror Picture Show:

On Oct. 20, The Blue Note will host a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you’ve never been to a live show and experienced the audience participation, this is your chance. The show is at 7 p.m. and costs $8 in advance and $10 the day of the show. It’s the same day as the live Rocky Horror remake with Laverne Cox premieres, so you can forget that the reboot is even happening.

See the fall colors

If you want to get outside but don’t necessarily want to walk, take the tram tour of Katy Trail on Oct. 26-27 at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. The trams are free (though donations are encouraged) and the tour is two hours long. Stretching 9 miles each way, the tour goes between Rocheport and McBaine. Reserve your spot by Oct. 21.

Recipe of the week:

Lobster mac and cheese like the one you might find at Room 38

Boil pasta of your choice until al dente

Strain pasta

Stir in milk, gruyere, cheddar, American cheese and white wine (for taste but not necessary)

Roast lobster in butter and bread crumbs

Cut up and stir in lobster

Bake mac and cheese in oven until golden brown on the top

Eat and enjoy!