Courtesy of franzferdinand.com

Album review: Franz Ferdinand’s ‘Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action’

Don’t you dare pass up the latest from this rock band.

By Brendan Wray | Sept. 1, 2013

From beginning to end, the best way to describe Franz Ferdinand’s new album Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action is bumpin’. The album builds upon the already strong history of the band with memorable tracks guaranteed to last longer in our memory than the average new music release.

The album’s title track, “Right Action,” starts with a catchy bang. Perfect for dancing in a dorm room or driving around on a hot summer night, “Right Action’s” shout-tastic lyrics and bumping bass line will have smiles plastered on the faces of listeners.

Beyond the solid beats of “Right Action,” the album offers some slower, but equally powerful songs to cleanse listeners’ palates periodically through the album. A highlight among these tracks is “Fresh Strawberries.” A glorified love song, “Fresh Strawberries” offers some of the best lyrics on the album, comparing love to the red, succulent fruit.

The only complaint which could be mustered up against Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Actions would be that the album should have been released at the beginning of summer.

These songs require road trips or beach bonfires. Not late study nights. Every song on the album feels unique and, better yet, worthy of constant listening.

From the bass lines, to deep vocals from lead singer Alex Kapranos, the newest album from Franz Ferdinand can’t be recommended enough. Fire up Spotify, go to your nearest CD shop, or download it from iTunes. It’s an album worth listening to.

MOVE gives Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action 5 out of 5 stars.