Courtesy of iconapop.com

Pool party pump-up playlist

Swimsuit mishaps, sunburns and awkward sunglasses tans abound in the summertime — but so should good music.

By Crystal Duan | June 3, 2013

Tags: Music Summer

"We Got the World" - Icona Pop

We all know you way overused the repeat button with “I Love It” during the spring. Now, let the sounds of the Swedish electro-pop duo’s empowerment anthem prepare you for a competitive, swimsuit-clad summer day. Splash face-offs and beach volleyball, anyone?

"Gentleman" - Psy

“Gangnam Style” was the best song we don’t understand of all time. Hopefully this title doesn’t completely go over our heads. Don’t forget your chivalry, especially when discreetly ogling that hot lifeguard. You can walk away with dignity to the galloping chorus if you don’t manage to get his or her number.

"One More Time" - Daft Punk

Yeah, no one really says YOLO anymore. Nevertheless, relish "living in the moment" and celebrating "one more time." Go on that pool slide you’re too old for one more time, make those obnoxious cannonballs one more time and/or dance with that cute childhood crush one more time (feel free to read this issue of MOVE one more time as well).

"We’ll Be Coming Back" - Calvin Harris feat. Example

You can still have a kick-ass party, even if you're just poolside chilling. If you don’t feel like getting your feet wet, kick back, relax and let the sun (and this song) take you to a peaceful alternate universe, far away from surprise drenchings and cold, shark-infested waters.

"On Top of the World" - Imagine Dragons

With this song's cute jungle-esque whistles and tribal drums, your diving board can morph into a cliff overlooking an elephant’s water hole, with Simba lounging in the deep. For those of you with an imaginative streak, pick up this underrated song (Imagine Dragons should be known for more than “Radioactive” and “It’s Time,” anyway).

"Good Time" - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen

Every playlist needs something overrated. Although 2012 is probably ancient in terms of single timelines, don’t forget about Carly Rae and Adam. Their summer feel-good jam is still a classic. Blow your underwater bubbles out to the “woah oh ohs” and sugary-sweet vocals.