Seeking a song for the end of the world

Dance into oblivion with this apocalyptic playlist.

By Julia Bush | Dec. 7, 2012

Tags: Apocalypse Music

Hopefully you’ve got stacks of peanut butter and cans of SpaghettiOs stored away in your cellar. Your flashlight, candles, extra batteries and nunchakus (for the zombies) should be easily accessible and packed in a kit in a cupboard. If you’re not ready on these fronts, we can’t help you. But we can provide the most important thing — the soundtrack to your inevitable demise.

“Die Young" - Ke$ha

Invite a few friends to keep you company in your storm shelter! Death is hardly as fun with just one. Ke$ha’s a great kickoff track – from this one to “Blow,” she’s got the end times covered.

"2012 (It Ain't the End)" - Jay Sean

Reflect on the year with this explosive (sorry, I can’t help it) track by otherwise unheard-of Jay Sean. I’d say maybe this will be his big debut, but…

"Apocalypse Please" - Muse

After all that bad Top 40, you’ll probably want the apocalypse to hurry the eff up.

"And We Danced (feat. Ziggy Stardust)" - Macklemore

By the time you get to the end of this one, you’ll be over the dancing.

"(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life" - Bill Medley and Jenifer Warnes

Grab the love of your life for one last dance to this “Dirty Dancing” classic. Because as soon as heads are blown off, no one's going to be nearly as cute.

"Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons

Wait until buildings are imploding and fires are blazing in the background before you blare this one. “This is it, the apocalypse.”

"Totally Fucked" - Spring Awakening

Yeah, it’s an understatement.

"Heads Will Roll" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

This is one occasion when the Glee "Thriller" mashup is also appropriate.

BONUS TRACK: "Nearer my God to Thee" - Lowell Mason

This is the song that was playing as the Titanic sank. Add some slow-mo, and you’ve got an ending you’ll never forget. Or maybe you will. ‘Cause you’ll be dead.