“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb,” or at least we thought so

Throughout history, every great love story starts with boy meets girl, and continues until boy falls in love with girl. Each generation of young girls is brought up believing in fairy tales. For those of us lucky ones, we are able to find our Prince Charmings but rarely is there a couple that captures the hearts of all those who believe they are living the quintessential fairytale.

This generation’s love story of Cinderella and her prince centers around a familiar vampire couple: Edward and Bella. Their road to forever may have seemed to be paved in gold, but recently that has changed.

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s on and off-screen romance has captivated young girls everywhere. Since their 2008 “Twilight” debut, the couple has been nothing short of inspiring. People, Us Weekly and E! News has documented their love story from the very beginning, reporting on their engagement and moving in together.

But recently their relationship has been up in the air. Stewart was caught cheating on Pattinson with the director of “Snow White and the Huntsman,” Rupert Sanders. People reported that Stewart delivered the news to Pattinson just before the story broke on July 24.

For those who don’t know of Sanders, here is some information about him. Us Weekly reported that the director is 41 and married to Liberty Ross, a British Vogue model. Together they have two children, ages 5 and 7.

Stewart made a public apology on July 25 after the cheating scandal captured the attention of many media outlets, .

"I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected,” she says. “This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry.”

Subsequently, Stewart received death threats from thousands of girls on Twitter. The Huffington Post published screenshots of some of these death threats Stewart received.

“Kristen Stewart cheated on Robert with her director...WTF! loads and cocks gun Imma kill that b-tch :/," says @YO_Guile.

Pattinson and Stewart haven’t communicated with each other since the cheating scandal surfaced until recently, People reports. The couple shared a home in Los Angeles, but currently both have moved out and are living separately. Pattinson initiated the move, asking Stewart to remove her belongings from the house. People published a photo of the U-Haul truck parked outside of their home on July 28th.

In Hollywood it’s inevitable that the two will run into each other sooner or later. Ironically, Pattinson and Stewart are scheduled to be co-presenters for MTV’s Video Music Awards on September 6. I bet this will be an interesting and slightly awkward encounter. Following their MTV appearance, they are booked for the promotional tour for the final installment of the Twilight saga, “Breaking Dawn: Part 2.”

I’ve been following this story since it first broke and personally, I don’t know what to make of it. Part of me hopes that Stewart and Pattinson stay together, but the other half thinks that they should move on.

Love is an interesting feeling. Speaking of love, there is an All Time Low song called "That Girl" that, I think, describes it perfectly.

“You said love’s overrated. I say it’s complicated.”

What will happen next in the love story of Pattinson and Stewart? They say everything happens for a reason. Will they break up or stay together? Only time will tell.

Comments (0)