Straight Outta CoMo: Beats by Obama

Look out Funkmaster Flex. Watch your back Don Cannon. Prepare yourself for hip-hop’s next rising hip-hop producer: Michelle Obama.

Yes, I am serious. The First Lady is releasing a 19-track album put together by her Let’s Move! campaign, Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health. The album will be distributed to schools nationwide. It promotes making good life choices and healthy lifestyles for children.

“We believe that music built on cultural cues can inspire kids and families to make healthy choices,” said founder of Hip Hop Public Health Olajide Williams in a Partnership for a Healthier America press release. "Its ability to immerse and transport the mind is a great attribute for any educational tool. Throughout history, music has been a great teacher and motivator, from ABC’s and nursery rhymes to religious hymns and national anthems. It is time to harness this power for health.”

The track list and a music video for a song off the album were released earlier this summer. The video is for a song called "Everybody," and features the talents of Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty and Hip Hop MD.

As if that isn’t enough, the album features guest appearances from artists such as Darryl McDaniels of Run DMC, Travis Barker, Ariana Grande, Ashanti and the NBA’s version of Hannah Montana: Iman Shumpert.

As you can tell, this album (which drops Sept. 30) won’t have crazy rhymes and flares of insane 808s. It won’t be the banger you hear at the clubs (unless that club is the Boys and Girls Club of America building), but the borderline pop album is a good start for young kids to enjoy hip-hop.

And hey — at least elementary school students won’t be listening to French Montana drop f-bombs at a young age, or singing “Don’t Drop That Thun Thun” on their way to the bus stop.