Lucia looks at the industry: March 22

“LittleBigPlanet Karting” screens and video announced

Although Sony confirmed the existence of “LittleBigPlanet Karting” in February, the first videos have just come out. The video, posted on IGN, shows some gameplay features such as “completely new, fast-paced karting campaign to save the Craftworld universe.” The final game will feature “adventurous karting expeditions” such as “objective-based missions, boss battles and mini-games.” And like any other “LBP” game, customization is key.

Sony teasing new game

A photo surfaced on Sony Norway’s Facebook page, featuring a Norwegian exploring by the name of Fridtjof Nansen with the Norwegian word for “unexplored” across his face. Nansen was the explorer who went to the North Pole and traveled across Greenland. This detail, as well as this same teaser tactic being used before “Uncharted 3” with Sony Denmark, has led to speculation about another “Uncharted” title. Source: Game Informer.

Just in time for the movie release

“The Hunger Games” movie comes out at midnight, but the iOS game graced the App Store earlier today. In the free iOS game, you play as Katniss during the Hunger Games. The platformer only takes around 20-30 minutes to beat. Source: IGN.

Microsoft patents projector headsets

The Microsoft patents, found by Patent Bolt, show, “The headsets will be able to create 16:9 ratio images that will appear to the wearer as a 21-inch display being viewed at arm's length. The eyewear could also potentially be used to create stereoscopic 3D images, and the lenses can still be transparent, allowing for augmented reality applications,” wrote Game Informer.

“World of Warcraft” losing steam because of “Old Republic”

“WOW” senior producer John Lagrave attributed the drop in “WOW” subscriptions to both “Star Wars: The Old Republic” and “people who want to wait and get Mists of Pandaria, so it's not surprising," according to GameSpot via Eurogamer.

Also, “WOW” developers have no plans to make “WOW” free-to-play, but will instead stick to their $15/month subscription. According to Lagrave, "Subscription works well for us for various reasons. You churn through a lot of content very quickly on a paid-for game, and we think we offer great value in all the content we have for the player." Source: GameSpot.

Zynga purchased “Draw Something” developer

According to Game Informer, Zynga purchased OMGPOP, the developer of the recent hit “Draw Something.”

Zynga founder and CEO Mark Pincus had this to say about it: "The OMGPOP team has created a game that's fun, expressive and engenders real social interaction. “Draw Something” has captured the imagination of millions of people around the world. We love the way they've worked playful and relevant culture into their games from Devo to Daft Punk, from Lin to Beckham.”

Fun video

Want to hear what “Battlefield 3” would sound like with Nintendo sounds? Looks like you came to the right video, then.