Lucia Looks at the Industry: March 21

BioWare confirms “Mass Effect 3” ending

BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka confirmed that new content is being developed that should satisfy those who are upset. The full statement can be read on the BioWare site, but here is the key point:

“...Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey."

Violence in video games on trail...again

A proposed bill called the “Violence in Video Games Labeling Act” was introduced in response to “...the growing scientific evidence demonstrating a relationship between violent video games and violent behavior," according to ArsTechnica.

The bill would require that any and every game rated higher than Early Childhood will have to carry this warning message: “WARNING: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior.”

Bills like this have been shot down in the past, but the concern seems to keep reemerging. This is because in 2000 the American Psychological Association declared that excessive exposure to violent video games would make the player violent. However, it is important to note that the APA retracted that statement when more studies were conducted and it was found that only children with prior mental health problems experienced the change.

Upcoming release dates

“World Gone Sour”: This candy—yes, Sour Patch Kids—based platformer will hit PSN on April 10 for $4.99 and XBLA on April 11 for 400 Microsoft points. Source: Game Informer.

“I Am Alive”: Although already out on XBLA, “I Am Alive” will hit PSN on April 3, costing $14.99. Source: Game Informer.

Heads up

“Ghost Recon: Future Soldier”: New videos have been posted about the cooperative campaign. In fact, three missions are show on the IGN site linked above. If you’re excited for the futuristic stealth combat that “Future Soldier” has to offer, I’d highly suggest looking at the video.

“Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two”: This sequel to “Epic Mickey” was announced by Junction Point Studios to have a fall release for all 3 consoles. Source: Game Informer.

“Far Cry 3”: A new gameplay trailer introduces the character of Dr. Earnhardt to fans as well as including more time with Vaas and new gameplay elements. Check out the trailer here.

Review of preview

“World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria”: This expansion pack contains a new continent, a new playable race, a new class and a higher level-cap. What, you want to know more? Good thing G4TV did a preview for you. From their entire experience with the expansion pack to screen shots and a gameplay video, you have yourself a hearty replacement until the pack debuts. PC Gamer also breaks down the scoop for you.

Review of reviews

“Armored Core V”: This mechanical battling game didn’t score well with Game Informer. Although the perspective on teamwork was refreshing, the difficult and confusing missions on top of a lack of variety did this title in.

Fun video

This video is slightly peculiar, but emphasizes the scary nature of games like “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” as well as others. Be prepared to watch some Swedish guy scream at all the scary parts of games so you don’t have to. Click here to see it.

Comments (0)