Lucia Looks at the Industry: Feb. 23

I know yesterday was full of news on the Vita, but today I have a whole line-up of new announcements for you. Read on:

3DS might see a new “Zelda” game

Nintendo’s Eiji Aonuma, the director and producer of several “Zelda” games, sent out a message to 3DS owners saying, “Hello, this is Aonuma, Nintendo's “Legend of Zelda” producer. Did you enjoy “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D”? Thanks to everyone, the “Legend of Zelda” series had a very happy 25th anniversary. I hope you're looking forward to new “Legend of Zelda” games."

According to Kotaku, “Nintendo has not yet officially announced any new Legend of Zelda games for 3DS, but it's reasonable to assume that at least one is planned for the near future.” Kotaku also mentions that Aonuma has interest in bringing “The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask” to the 3DS.

“Mass Effect 3” box surprise

Bioware’s marketing director David Silverman created an unboxing video for the space copies of “Mass Effect 3” yesterday. You can watch the unboxing video on YouTube by clicking here. The most unique thing about this unboxing video was the reversible cover art. The inside of the box contains the same information as the retail cover, but with a female version of Shepard on the front.

New trailer of “Borderlands 2” reveals details

The most important of the revealed details in the new “Borderlands 2” trailer is the September 18 release date (for the U.S). Check out the trailer on YouTube by clicking here for more of the cell-shaded action you know you loved from the first game.

New “Metal Gear Solid” game in the mix

As IGN found, Kojima Productions is posting on a GDC Career Page to find engineers, artists or game creators for "the latest “Metal Gear Solid” targeted for high-end consoles and PC" as well as “engineers to help develop next-gen game engine technology for use with the FOX Engine.”

Those hired would either work in Japan or California. According to GameSpot, “US. Kojima Productions producer Ken-ichiro Imaizumi tweeted that the company is planning to open a studio in California, "If we can find the right people.””

Fun video

Can’t get enough of “The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim”? Neither can these guys. This rock remix of “Skyrim’s” Dragonborn theme rocks the arrow right out of my knee. If you liked that, check out this metal version of the song as well.

Comments (0)