Lucia Looks at the Industry: Feb. 15

This week is Vita Launch Week

Sony is slapping down $50 million for a weeklong marketing campaign in preparation for the Vita’s Feb. 22 release date. Click here to link to G4TV.com and view the first (and extremely impressive) of many Vita commercials.

Calling all Walking Dead fans

If you’ve bee tired of recent zombie games but love AMC’s "Walking Dead" series, then you will rejoice in the news that a "Walking Dead" video game is back on the market (after hearing nothing for almost a year). There is an official site for the game which features a show called Playing Dead to talk about the production of the game. Expect to see the game around Spring 2012. Additional source: Game Informer and IGN.

Zynga finally getting sued... for unrelated reasons

I say unrelated to refer to what I’ve posted earlier about Zynga’s mishaps with copying. However, this time around Zynga is being sued by Personalized Media Communications for four patent infringements. According to Gamasutra, the patents cover "the use of control and information signals embedded in electronic media content to generate output for display that is personalized and relevant to a user." Zynga has yet to be reached for comment.

Get ready for more “Assassin’s Creed”

In case you didn’t think that Ubisoft could make an “Assassin’s Creed” game every year, think again. “Assassin’s Creed III” will debut October 30, 2012 (which is actually less than one year from the “Assassin’s Creed: Revelations” release), according to Kotaku. The game is confirmed to star a different protagonist. At least Ezio lasted longer than Altair.

Also, according to IGN, the game will complete the story of Desmond.

"Far Cry 3” receives a release date

Due to an accidental leak of a “Far Cry 3” trailer on a German site, details are now known for the upcoming game. Several sites have listed different release dates for the game, including Sept. 6, 7 or 8 (I’d just expect early September). According to IGN, the protagonist is named Jason Brody who is unfortunately stuck on a warring, tropical island. Click here to see a cinematic trailer.

Fun Fact

It’s hard not to be a “Mario Party” fan, but it’s even harder to be a “Mario Party” fan after eight console releases and several handheld spinoffs. In case you missed a step along the way, here is a very long “Mario Party” graphic that summarizes all that the series has had to offer: click me!